AGS File Utilities Tool and API
- Accepts multiple AGS files. (Hold down Ctrl key to select more than one file, 50 Mb total maximum upload limit)
- Tests AGS versions 4.x only
- Files are not saved or stored by this tool
AGS Schema & Data Validation
Performs validation using the Official AGS Python Library v0.3.6, this implements checks of the rules as written in the AGS data format standard v4.x
BGS Data Validation
Data validation against the National Geoscience Data Repository requirements, see below.
Files with TRIT group present will currently report a "Duplicate sample id" error, this will be fixed shortly. All other BGS checks are working.
BGS Data Validation rules
Your files will be validated against the following rules as defined by BGS/NGDC:
- Check required Groups
- Groups shall include PROJ, LOCA or HOLE, ABBR, TYPE, UNIT
- Check required BGS Groups
- Groups may include GEOL - required for BGS submission
- Check Spatial Referencing
- Spatial referencing system defined in LOCA_GREF, LOCA_LREF or LOCA_LLZ.
- Example: LOCA_GREF:OSGB, LOCA_LREF:London Grid 1, LOCA_LLZ:WGS84
- Check Easting/Northing present.
- LOCA_NATE and LOCA_NATN are populated. Zeros or null do not pass
- Check Easting/Northing values fall within reasonable range
- LOCA_NATE values inside 100,000 to 800,000 range
- LOCA_NATN values inside 100,000 to 1,400,000 range
- Check Drill Depth (HDPH) present
- HDPH_TOP does not contain null values
- HDPH_BASE does not contain zero or null values
- Check Drill depths (HDPH) have corresponding records in GEOL table
- Checking HDPH LOCA_IDs are in GEOL group AND GEOL LOCA_IDs are in HDPH group
- Check locations are onshore Great Britain or Northern Ireland
- Note: If using Irish grid and GREF not entered, tool cannot differentiate from EPSG:27700 (OSGB)
- Check for duplication between NATE/NATN, LOCX/LOCY and LON/LAT
- Duplication presumes error in these columns which should be checked
- Check LOCA_ID references are valid
- Checks all groups which have LOCA_ID are populated with a valid record present in the LOCA Group.
- Check SAMP_ID or LOCA_ID, SAMP_TOP, SAMP_TYPE, SAMP_REF references are valid
- LOCA_ID, SAMP_TOP, SAMP_TYPE, SAMP_REF are all populated, not null, and unique in combination within SAMP group AND all LOCA_ID values are present in the LOCA group
- Also all groups that reference the SAMP group as a parent, use either the SAMP_ID field or the combination of LOCA_ID, SAMP_TOP, SAMP_TYPE, SAMP_REF and that the parent exists in the SAMP group.
Future data validation rules: (Coming Soon)
- LOC_LAT/LONG lie in reasonable range
Convert .ags file(s) to/from .xlsx.Which ever format file is submitted, the opposite will be returned e.g. if 5 .ags files and 3 .xlsx files were submitted the result would be 5 .xlsx files and 3 .ags files